Sunday, November 9, 2014

Six again...

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

Write Over the Weekend inspiration for this time

Include this line “I wish I could be six again so I could…” anywhere in your blog.


Google Images











I wish I could be six again,
oiled hair in double plaits,
Piggy banks with little money, given with a lot of love,
getting sweets next to God,
Long skirts in bright but beautiful colors,
Lacto king candy,
Doordarshan and Ramanand Sagar,
Games in the street,
no worries to make plans to cook or clean,
no hurry to catch the bus or train,
and no keenness in adjusting duppatas,
How I wish to eat Ice cream in a stick?
dripping and licking,
sitting in my granny's lap,
listening to her folktales,
interrupting incessantly,
living a life without boundaries…
Oh, I wish I could be six again!


1 comment :

  1. Ah, Doordarshan! I remember Tabassum's Phool khile hain gulshan, gulshan. Chayageet and weekend movies.

    ReplyDelete

Wish to add a feather to my pencil or need the eraser? Well, just tell me what..